While a permanent, built-in hot tub is is generally considered a luxury bonus by most addition to a Maryland property, there are a number of reasons for homeowners to want to have this feature removed from their lot. It could be that your family no longer uses the hot tub and taking care of it has become expensive and cumbersome. Maybe your family has grown smaller and the family members who most enjoyed the hot tub are no longer living with you. Maybe you’re adding on to your home and need the space currently occupied by your hot tubl for the new section of your home. Maybe your hot tub needs expensive repairs. Or, perhaps you want to replace your dated hot tub with a larger or more modern, more energy-efficient model. Whatever the reason, removing your built-in hot tub safely and completely requires a hot tub and/or pool removal specialist.
What to expect when having your hot tub removed
Hot tubs can weigh more than 1,000 pounds and present a challenge to DIY homeowners looking to get rid of their tub. A professional hot tub removal team can help you easily get rid of your heavy and/or in-ground hot tub nd return your property to how it looked before you added this feature.
The first step to having your in-ground hot tub removed is for the crew to obtain the necessary permits for the project. This is only necessary for built-in features. They will also check the location of any underground utility and communication lines to make sure that these stay intact during the demolition. The next step is for the crew to drill holes in a concrete tub and allow the water to gradually seep into the ground surrounding the hot tub.
Once the hot tub is empty, the crew will break up the concrete and remove the pieces, hauling them to a recycling center. Finally,we will fill in the empty space left from the tub with dirt and top soil so that, in a short period of time, you won’t be able to detect any sign of your former hot tub site.
For above-ground hot tubs and spas, we will haul the unit away with heavy equipment and make sure that it gets to a recycling center, where its components can be used to create other consumer products.
Why hire a professional hot tub and pool removal specialist
Hiring a professional hot tub and pool removal team provides a myriad of benefits as well as the peace of mind that comes with having a qualified, experienced crew to do the necessary work. Just a few of the things you can expect from the dependable hot tub removal specialists at Remove a Pool.com include:
- Proper permits. When you tear out a built-in hot tub, you need to obtain the proper permits from your local government, just as you would with any other type of home demolition project. Our team knows the type of permit required and which office to visit to expedite the necessary paperwork.
- Locating utility lines and cables. Part of our pre-removal process is to identify and mark all nearby underground power lines and cables, so that our crew won’t mistakingly sever any of these and cause you and your neighbors to lose power.
- Licensing, insurance and bonding. Sometimes, even the most professional crew has an accident or makes a mistake. If something should happen to damage your property during the hot tub removal process, our bond and insurance give us the wherewithal to make things right with you.
- Recycling. We are diligent about reusing whatever materials we can and to donating excess supplies to help Maryland businesses that may need a helping hand. Many parts of the hot tub structure can be used to create other products.
- Thorough clean up. You don’t have to worry about our crew leaving your home a mess. We make sure that your home is left in as good or better condition than when we found it.
- Professional demeanor. Our hot tub removal team will arrive on time, professionally-dressed and with the right tools and material needed to complete your job quickly and efficiently. We’ll also provide easy-to-read ID, so you don’t have to worry about personal safety and security.
Maryland hot tub removal and demolition
Just like removing an in-ground swimming pool, removing a hot tub in Maryland is not a good candidate for a DIY project. To do the job right, you need a team with the right experience and equipment necessary to do the job safely and completely. To learn more about our Maryland hot tub removal services, contact us today. We are happy to handle all sizes of hot tub and pool removal projects. Serving Glen Burnie, Dundalk, Silver Spring, Bethesda, Perry Hall, White Marsh, Frederick, Ocean City, Bowie, Clarksville, Rockville, Baltimore, Bel Air, Fallston, Aberdeen, Edgewater, Annapolis, Edgewood, Sykesville and more!